Switching up the average weeknight taco with these Crispy Braised Chipotle Beef Tacos. Beef slowly braised in a spicy chipotle sauce until tender. Then shredded and stuffed into tortillas with cheese before being pan-fried. These tacos have just a touch of crispiness on the outside but are spicy and cheesy inside. The key is to pan-fry the tacos在the chipotle sauce. Serve each cheesy taco with cilantro on top, avocado crema, and of course that spicy chipotle sauce. They come together simply and are so delicious!
I know Taco Tuesday is “the thing”, but my thought is, tacos today in准备for tomorrow! Plus, I just thought they’d be a fun and delicious Monday recipe…and they are!
我一直想要在现在最长的时间制作和分享这些炸玉米饼。但我想等于4月晚些时候在Cinco de Mayo准备。我们都知道我喜欢一个愉快的假期，但Cinco de Mayo总是一个如此有趣的没有压力日，在那里你有一个借口在周末制作玛格丽特和炸玉米饼。
Originally, I really wanted to make birria, a Mexican stew traditionally made from goat meat, but sometimes made from beef. The dish is commonly served for special occasions like weddings and holidays. The meat is marinated and slow-cooked in an adobo sauce made of vinegar, dried chiles, herbs, and spices. Therefore, it’s incredibly tender and flavorful meat.
The stew is often served with corn tortillas or fried up into tacos. The cheesy birria tacos have been on my “to make” list for well over a year, so I was determined to finally make them happen.
Here are the details – first braise the meat
开始with the beef. I used beef chuck, but you could also mix in some of short ribs, which would be even more delicious, but just a touch more expensive.
Sear the meat, then make the sauce. The sauce is the heart and soul of this recipe. I use a lot of chipotle peppers in adobo, some ancho chile powder, and other spices, plus garlic, onion, bay leaves, and apple cider vinegar. The vinegar is also essential, so don’t skip it. The sauce gets poured over the meat. I then add a cinnamon stick and slow cook the meat in the oven until it’s very tender. You can use the slow cooker or instant pot too!
Once the meat is cooked, it’s time for tacos! So shred the meat and gather all your toppings. I kept it classic with cilantro and jalapeño, plus my favorite鳄梨克雷玛.
Next, take the sauce and pour it into a shallow bowl. The fat should settle to the top of the sauce, this is exactly what you want. You’ll dip the tortillas into the sauce, getting that fat on the tortilla at the same time. Then, pan-fry the tortillas with the meat and cheese. Cooking the tortillas with the sauce allows them to take on incredible flavor and become a little crispy around the edges with fried cheese melting out of the top of the taco.
Top each taco any way you’d like. I go heavy on the cilantro and lime. Then dip your tacos in the extra sauce. It’s really about that sauce…well, and the cheese. Beyond delicious.
If you wanted to take the toppings a step further, I would recommend a菠萝莎莎或者芒果莎莎. But you all know me, I love a good fruity salsa. Oh, and maybe add a nice margarita too. This spicy芒果玛格is my personal favorite.
最后，如果你制作这些脆皮炖牛肉肉豆肉酱，请务必发表评论和/或给予这个评分！最重要的是，我喜欢听到你们的消息，并始终尽力回应每次评论。当然，如果你确实制作了这个食谱，请不要忘记标记我Instagram! Looking through the photos of recipes you all have made is my favorite!
Crispy Braised Chipotle Beef Tacos
Beef slowly braised in a spicy chipotle sauce until tender...crispy on the outside, spicy cheesy inside!
- 3 1/2磅牛肉卡盘，切成3-4件
- avocado oil, for cooking
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1茶匙dried Mexican oregano
- 1茶匙ground cumin
- 1茶匙smoked paprika
- 1/4茶匙ground cloves
- 1/2cinnamon stick或者use 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4cupapple cider vinegar
- 1cupfresh cilantro, chopped
4. To make the tacos. Stir together the cilantro, onion, jalapeño, a squeeze of lime juice, and a pinch of salt.
5. Remove the cinnamon stick and meat from the sauce, shred the meat. Pour the sauce into a shallow bowl, allowing the fat to settle on top.
6. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Dip the tortillas into the sauce (the fat should be on top) and place in the skillet, sauce side facing down. On one side of the tortilla, layer cheese, then beef. Fold the tortilla over the beef and cook until slightly fried, about 1-2 minutes per side. Serve the tacos with cilantro on top and additional red sauce, plus avocado crema, if desired.
1. Season the beef all over with salt and pepper. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large dutch oven over medium-high heat. Sear the beef all over, 2-3 minutes per side. Add the meat to the slow cooker or instant pot.
2.制作酱汁。在搅拌机中，Phipotle Peppers，西红柿，大蒜，洋葱，ancho辣椒粉，牛至，小茴香，辣椒粉，丁香，海湾叶，2茶匙盐和苹果醋。加入1杯水并混合直至光滑。将酱汁倒在牛肉上。加入1 1/2杯水和肉桂。
- For the instant pot, lock the lid and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
4. Finish as directed through set 4.
Our Favorite Recipes
脆皮鸡tinga tinga taquitos与咸石灰鲕梨crema。